Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is this thing on?

Hi there, and welcome to the first post on "Half a Page of Scribbled Lines."  You can tell a review blog is off to a great start when the blogger can't think of how to phrase the reason for this thing's existance.  Put it simply, I'm challenging myself to put up at least one album review a week.  Subjects will be chosen more or less at random from my personal collection; I may take requests but only if I happen to have that album in my collection or the requester is willing to provide me with a copy.  I also reserve the right to refuse reviewing anything I personally would not listen to.

I'll also try and provide some trivia and background about the artist and the album, and perhaps some personal anecdotes regarding the same.  I think this could be a fun little exercise and hope to keep at it.  First up on the review block will be The Pogues' seminal album Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash, the album that sent me on a binge of Irish punk and folk-punk this year.  This should hopefully be up no later than next Wednesday.  See you in seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment